Exploration "Tourist-recreational cooperation Emsland-Drenthe"
On behalf of Emsland Tourismus GmbH, ETFI started a research project that aims to look at the current and future focus of the tourism-recreational policy frameworks and cooperation possibilities of the EU region Emsland (Germany) - Drenthe (the Netherlands). In both regions possible further cooperation is discussed, but there is still some unclarity about which overlap there is and which specific themes and projects (might) arise from this. The focus of this project is on identifying objectives, themes and potential projects that (can) strengthen entrepreneurship in the leisure economy.
This research project is still running.
- Deploying a team of experts who are skilled in both the German as well as the Dutch language
- A broad view of the leisure economy domain; more than marketing and promotion alone
- Determining the common ground in the current policy for the domain of leisure economics and which specific themes and projects (can) arise from this. One of the tasks is to carry out a structured analysis of policy documents.
- Proving insight into the focus and direction of future policy through in-depth interviews with those directly involved
- Analysing best practices from other EU regions