Market trends in relation to nature as a driver for sustainable tourism and local development
To unlock the potential of nature heritage brands as a driver for jobs and sustainable regional development, Prowad Link project will engage small and medium-sized enterprises in nature conservation. We will dive into major drivers of change that affect tourism in general, core trends that affect tourism supply and demand and trends at the micro level of very specific types of niche tourism that relate to nature-based tourism.
This research project is still running.
- Collecting relevant knowledge such as analyses, reports and studies about international market trends in nature-based tourism
- Structuring and preparing the collected knowledge into a usable report particularly for SMEs
- Providing actionable insights for SME to apply in practice
- Contributing to the project’s priorities in the development process according to marketing & innovation and product development
- Gives input to the value and brand activation for nature destinations; e.g. national parks, where nature is the driver for growth.
Interreg VB project PROWAD LINK
The overall Interreg VB project PROWAD LINK aims to increase revenue from sustainable offers and products in line with brand and protection values, increase investment in sustainability and create long-term collaborations in cross-sector knowledge partnerships. More information on the PROWAD LINK project can be found here. Our ETFI project is commissioned by the managing authority of the National Park Vadehavet, Denmark, who is responsible for work package 6 in the Interreg VB project PROWAD LINK.