Sustainable tourism 2040
In this research report, ETFI challenges the way sustainable development is practiced by modern tourism businesses. By means of this scenario research ETFI satisfies the need for an approach in which the commercial interests of the industry are connected with the real meaning of sustainability.
- Creation of different DNA profiles for tourism businesses. These DNA profiles are uniquely linked to four different future scenarios
- Linkage between the DNA profiles and scenarios identifies future points for achieving competitive advantage in relation to sustainability
- Formulation of strategic propositions for each DNA profile in relation to the different future scenarios
- Opportunity for tourism businesses to implement sustainable business strategies
- Businesses have insight into how they can gain a competitive advantage by using the original principles of sustainability