The working environment of the travel professional in 2025
How will the travel industry develop in the next decade and what requirements are needed for the future travel professional? Trade association Reiswerk has asked ETFI to find an answer to this question by means of a scenario study.
- The ongoing digitisation and robotics provide new opportunities for the travel industry
- Due to the continuing growth of digital technology, connectivity with colleagues and customers will be less time- and place-oriented
- As a result of this research four scenarios have been developed: web shop, experience centre, travel shop and travel agency
- The four plausible scenarios can be linked to different stages in the booking process of holidays
- The scenarios provide insights the travel industry can use to justify its vision of the deployment of travel professionals